1. Set your throttle curve to 0 flat
2. Arm your receiver
3. set your throttle stick to mid stick verify in throttle curve to 50/50
4. increase throttle till you find desired head speed using digital taco
NOTE: this MUST be between 75% and 85% otherwise change pinions
5. power all off
6. Pull out programming card plug in esc
7. power esc up
8. set super soft start (important)
9. set mid timing (also very important as low timing governor mode does not work)
10. set governor mode ON
11. Power all off and power on and verify with card that programming took!
12. Plug everything back in again
13. turn transmitter on and move transmitter stick to high position
14. power receiver and esc
15. wait till you hear two beeps (esc says I know your high position now)
16 move to low stick position
17. wait till you hear some music (interesting tunes)
18. wait till you hear one long beep (ESC say I know your low position now)
19 immediately after long beep switch on throttle hold (which was set to 0% by default)
20. power off receiver and esc
21. leave throttle hold on
22. turn on transmitter and the receiver
23. have digital taco ready again
24. with transmitter at 50% stick again starting at 0 throttle slowly increase
25. set throttle curve to some value that obtains the desired head speed (Note it is different now may be anywhere between 70% and 90%, mine way 76%)
26. power off by first using throttle cut the unplug power
27. ensure your cut / kill is 0 or -5%
28. now make a flat throttle curve to that value you just obtained
29. switch off transmitter power everything back up in normal fashion except have the cut / kill ON
30. power up heli as per normal
31. have a flight and all works fine.
Took me ages to figure it out.... reading the manual (which is in Chinglish) reading other forums to verify what I found, damn thing drove me nuts but it works. when you hover the revs are now exactly same as landing and moving to 0 pitch, but it's like your in idle up mode all the time (personally I am switching back, but it was good to know you can do it).
Note: I had to change my pinion to achieve the correct head speed
timing needs to be mid to allow it to expand / shrink the pulse width, if you set to low then it cant go lower (this had me confused as to why it would increase in speed when I landed) thus not able to maintain the governor mode you set.
On FUll Pitch with this smaller turnigy e500 motor you can hear the revs slightly go down but not as much as it use to happen when I set throttle curves, anyway I am also running it at 12 deg pitch too so I am asking a lot from this motor.